- Who Is Plotting to Steal Your Pension? – “A huge pool of money lies just beyond the grasp of government’s itching fingers: private pension funds. Various money-grab schemes have been floated, including a legal requirement that all private pension funds contain a set percentage of Treasury bonds. The most innovative scheme comes from California …” This the inevitable next step in the coming wave of financial repression that will soon become part of life in the US. Expect other states to follow before the federal government jumps in.
- Canada Household Debt Approaches US Bubble Levels – “Canadians’ debt-to-income ratio has soared to 163 per cent, much higher than previously believed, according to revised Statistics Canada figures.”
- Oil, Gas… And The Riches That Follow! – “Untapped natural resources are a big part of the Myanmar story. They also tie in to some interesting geopolitical considerations and tell us something about the future of the oil and gas markets.”
- The Costs of War Since 2001: Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan – 225000 dead, $2.3 trillion. I recall that when this tragedy began, Radley Balko predicted that the wars would cost $1+ trillion and was laughed at and ridiculed.
- A Golden Opportunity – A plea to Germany to exit the Euro, reintroduce the Deutsche mark, and link it to gold.
- Constructivist Artificial Intelligence
- Elon Musk’s Mission to Mars – An interview of Elon Musk of SpaceX.
- Brief Book Review: A Critical History of Early Rome: From Prehistory to the First Punic War by Gary Forsythe
- Obscure Progressive Rock: Missus Beastly
- From Fight Aging!: Senescent Cell Clearance and a Focus on Delaying Skin Aging
- The Tom Woods Show: Episode 634 – The Economic Freedom of the World: What the Numbers Tell Us
- The Fed Can’t Save Us by Robert P. Murphy
- Artificial General Intelligence (15)
- Business_Ideas (18)
- Expatriation (15)
- History (51)
- Links (16)
- Machine Learning (Narrow Artificial Intelligence) (156)
- Mathematics (84)
- Miscellaneous (28)
- Music (32)
- Paleolithic_Lifestyle (37)
- Photos (2)
- Political_Economy (1,307)
- Reading (22)
- Science_Technology (389)
- Shale_Oil_Gas (16)
- Sports (9)
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
In God's Path: The Arab Conquests and the Creation of an Islamic Empire - Robert G. Hoyland
Business Tides: The Newsweek Era of Henry Hazlitt - Henry Hazlitt
Subscribe to Blog via Email